Environmental Due Diligence
Environmental Due Diligence at RiskCheck
Preventative Due Diligence steps should be taken before the purchase, sale, financing or redevelopment of a property to eliminate unnecessary liability and risk. RiskCheck conducts assessments to evaluate any sources of environmental contamination on or around a property of interest. RiskCheck reporting will provide crucial analysis and information when making critical decisions.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Identify any potential or existing environmental concerns and liabilities at the property.
This includes a non intrusive, visual inspection, regulatory database searches on the current and historical uses of both the subject and surrounding properties and potential hazardous materials identification.
Phase II Environmental Site Assessment
- Confirm or deny the presence of any associated subsurface contamination through an intrusive assessment which includes the drilling of boreholes/monitoring wells, collecting soil, groundwater and/or sediment samples and laboratory analysis.
- If contamination is present, we can help you make an informed decision through a remedial action plan or a review of remedial options.
- Implement site remediations such as: soil excavation and disposal, chemical injections, groundwater pump-and-treat, and groundwater control.
- Verification sampling is completed at the end of our remediation programs to determine the final soil and groundwater conditions.
- Determine the potential risks to protect human health and the environment from contamination left onsite.
- We will help you manage the contamination, ongoing liabilities, and protect those who use the property and the environment around it.
Storage Tank Removal
- Remove abandoned or unused fuel/chemical storage tanks safely.
- Work with licenced contractors to decommission storage tanks for proper disposal with manifests and bills of lading.
- We will provide verification sampling to determine the subsurface conditions.
Monitoring and Sampling
- Focused sampling programs for groundwater, soil, sewer or indoor air and vapour intrusion sampling to address your concerns
Record of Site Condition (RSC)
- Filing is required in Ontario when changing the land use of a property to more sensitive use and may be required for development applications.
- More detailed Phase I and Phase II ESAs will be required for an RSC.
- Geotechnical Investigations
- Hydrogeological Investigations
- Archeological Investigations
- Get another opinion and gap analysis on your current environmental reports.
Why Choose RiskCheck?
Our team provides ongoing support to explain the environmental recommendations for your property and address any questions or concern you might have.
RiskCheck commits to providing you with competitive pricing and a final report that is easy to understand and accepted by major financial institutions.
- RiskCheck is licensed with the Professional Engineers of Ontario and employs Professional Engineers licensed with the Professional Engineers Ontario, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta, and Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
- RiskCheck reports are accepted by major banks and lending institutions
- All RiskCheck projects are supervised and reviewed by senior staff members
- RiskCheck is always updating and adapting to industry standards and new government regulations